Hi Fashionistas! Now-days we hear so much about more and more people getting ill and with serious health issues so I have decided to share a few natural ingredients product that you can do yourself, so will be showing recipes for do it yourself natural face mask, lip balm & deodorant! Not sure if you knew but toxic ingredients in antiperspirants are also the cause of breast cancer! Yes sure your supermarket antiperspirants will maybe last longer however not sure if this is the price to pay – so just in case I always rather stay healthy. We cannot control every single situation in our life (believe me as a control freak I find it difficult to accept this fact) but we can control some of the things as per what we put on our body and what we put into the body (food). So if you want to do something good about yourself see the natural diy recipes :).
Natural Banana Face Mask
Who needs Botox when you have bananas? That’s right: You can use a banana as an all-natural, homemade facial mask that moisturizes your skin and leaves it looking and feeling softer. Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana into a smooth paste, then gently apply it to your face and neck. Let it set for 10 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Another popular mask recipe calls for 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey (a natural acne remedy), and 1 medium banana.
Coconut Oil Deodorant Ingredients
- 6 T coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (4 T) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (4 T) arrowroot or organic cornstarch
- essential oils (optional)
Coconut Oil Deodorant Instructions
- Mix baking soda and arrowroot together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed.
- Add oils if desired.
- Store in small glass jar or old deodorant container for easy use.Q. I’m allergic to coconut oil… can I make this recipe without it?A. Absolutely!
You can use half as much of a liquid oil like almond, jojoba or avocado oil in place of the coconut oil, especially in the shea butter recipe. This will create a thinner recipe. If you want a formula closer to an actual deodorant bar but without the coconut oil, use this recipe but use 1/4 cup almond (or other liquid oil) in place of the coconut oil.
Q. This stings if I apply right after shaving… how do I prevent this?
A. The baking soda or magnesium will sting after shaving. Usually, waiting a few minutes will solve the problem.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red or rose mica powder
- optional: 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
What to do:
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax and shea/cocoa butter in a glass jar sitting in a small pot of simmering water (not boiling) and stir gently until melted (be careful not to get any water into the mixture).
- When melted, carefully stir in any colors or essential oils, if using. My favorite is lemon and vanilla for scent and a little red coloring or cocoa powder for color. A couple drops of peppermint will make it similar to Burt’s Bees Lip Chap.
- Once colors/scents are mixed in, use a dropper to transfer to tins or lip chap containers. Let cool.
- Apply the versions in the tins with your finger or use the version in plastic container as you would regular lip chap.